Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Collingwood Avenue

We moved to Collingwood Avenue Thanksgiving Day 1960. I was 15 years old.


We celebrated our Thanksgiving Dinner at

 Image result for Waldorf Diner Bridgeport CT

the Waldorf Cafeteria in the Newfield Building, a building my father later owned, and in which we had our Legal Practice. My brother years later operated a restaurant, Soupiere, in the same location.

My mother kept a beautiful rose garden on the front terrace










The pool was a center of social and family activity:






Thanksgiving was always a big deal at Collingwood Avenue - with relatives,

and later friends from college and law school - this would be 1968:

 Ros Braeman on right.

Passover and birthdays as was big as well:









After law school I moved back home for a year:


Left to right:Peter O'L, Deb, Connie, Jackie, Ed


Seated around the table, bottom left Ed Bernet, my best friend from college; ?, Peter O'Loughlin, and Jackie Uhrynowski.

Deb got married at home:


















No comments:

Post a Comment