Thursday, November 21, 2019

Early years


My family lived on Riverside Drive in Fairfield until I was 3. I have only 2 memories of Riverside Drive - I remember the front porch and coming home to a dark apartment.




6 weeks old




Image may contain: 3 people, child and indoor
Me, my father, Deb


Image may contain: 1 person, shoes and outdoor

1947 saw the birth of my sister Deborah.This was taken just before, in March 1947:





In 1948 we moved to 144 Marne Ave, Fairfield, CT 06825. I remember visiting the house before we moved in and seeing a new downstairs a bathroom being built.





Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, child, tree and outdoor

 Image may contain: 2 people







On July 4th 1949 my brother Matthew was born. I remember my Aunt Helen taking Deb and me for a walk all the way to the top of Marne Avenue while my mother was in the hospital.




No comments:

Post a Comment